Re: [LAD] ttsoot - yet another DSP library :)

From: torbenh <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 17 2010 - 06:59:43 EET

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:49:21AM +0100, Stéphane Letz wrote:

> Le 15 janv. 2010 à 10:03, torbenh a écrit :
>

> > hi...
> >
> > i am working on a c++0x DSP library.
> > variadic templates prove to be a nice way to handle
> > the massive function inlining required to build efficient samplebased
> > processing graphs.
> >
> > the idioms i am currently using for the containers require gcc-4.5
> > though, so this is still a bit of a show-stopper :)
> >
> > its still in a pretty early state. but you can already see where its
> > heading.
> >
> > if somebody is interested:
> > http://hochstrom.endofinternet.org/trac/ttsoot/wiki
> >
> > --
> > torben Hohn
>

> How would this approach compare to the FAUST approach?

its more or less equivalent to faust scalar code.
the containers provide similar composition ops to the faust ones.

but since my primitives are classes i can provide richer primitives
than faust.

i dont really see a way to automate what vector mode is doing.
but it should be possible to define a set of blockbased containers.

so that:

Chain< Blocked< A,B,C >, Blocked< D,E,F > >::process_block()

would expand to 2 loops.

--
torben Hohn