Re: [LAD] Time & How to approach it

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 14:56:06 EET

Hey,

Why do you want to schedule events?

I intended the "midi-scheduling" as a practical example,
but it seems unclean, so I might rephrase my question:

I'm trying to understand how programs deal with time passing.
JACK has a transport mechanism, which also provides BeatBarTick & Position
info.

How can I interpret this data, so that I can have a midi note play at
BeatBarTick 0,2,0 (ie: 2nd beat in a bar)?

I can print the BBT info to console, I'm just not sure how to work with it.

Hope this makes my question more clear, -Harry