Re: [LAD] External midi sync

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 23 2010 - 08:23:48 EET

On January 22, 2010 05:31:11 pm you wrote:
> Tim E. Real wrote:

> >> here's another:
> >>
> >> http://ardourmidi.wordpress.com/page/3/
> >>
> >> i don't know how much variable tempo testing Hans did; perhaps he will
> >> chime in.
> >
> > Are the midi (pianoroll) features in Ardour's releases now?
> > When I install my distro's package I still can't seem to find them.
>
> It's Ardour 3 ;).
D'oh! No wonder I could never find it. Sorry.
(Those posted Ardour graphs remind me of Phase Locked Loop
 circuits' error control voltages.)

I can imagine sync was a tougher nut to crack in Ardour.
MusE's ticks per quarter note is fixed at 24, although
 the 'frames per quarter note' (hence division) is variable.
And you'd want sub-tick (frame) resolution in an app like Ardour.

I want to get our MTC code working. I've got the rate
 detectors working and have monitored input from Ardour Ok.

Question: Ardour supports many different timecode fps
 but MTC only has two bits for the fps.
How are these other fps supported? Not for MTC?

Tim.