Re: [LAD] hard realtime performance synth

From: David McClanahan <david.mcclanahan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 28 2010 - 20:55:13 EET

Well this is sort of the direction I was hoping to go anyway. I've heard of
Xenomai but haven't looked at it. The RTAI system was a package on
Debian(Ubuntu) and so I bit. I was disappointed to find out that instead of
installing a workable system, the package only installed the source code.

I built the RTAI system packages(using make-kpkg) against vanilla kernel
2.6.24 but have been delaying trying to install because #1 I doubt it'll
work since I kind of haphazardly configured the kernel and #2 it probably
work till I pray and cuss a lot.

Another issue to me is not just getting a hard realtime system going, but
some tool to analyze code output from the compiler to tell me its execution
time(based upon processor/clock conditions)