[LAD] wanted: good online reading material for RT audio/midi software design?

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 25 2010 - 01:15:00 EET

We seem to be fairly intrested in the same things James!

I don't know if you have access to University Lecturers... if you do, go
have a chat with
the software engineer lecturer. I've only had positive experiences when
approaching them
about "totally-unrelated-to-course" projects.

On the other hand, I bought a book (forget the exact name.. can find out)
which showed some of the basic ObjectOrientated stuff, but at the same time,
I found it to be relatively useless when trying to apply it to
"music-software".
(Ie: Ardour, Seq24, Dino, etc kind of programs)

Spending time doing out program diagrams.. (you know the "standard" boxes
approach
to explaing how classes interact.) That's been my approach, I didnt really
find any great
resources online. If you do find any, please post back here! :-)

Good luck, -Harry