Re: [LAD] Integrate LASH into Jack

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2010 - 15:53:26 EET

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield
<gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> I've only just discovered (because of your email and another pointer
>> to the list from LAU) that any of this session management stuff was
>> being discussed on jack-devel.
>
> Well, when you're talking about changes to the JACK API, that discussion
> belongs on Jack-Devel, doesn't it?

Yes. But the subject really is "session management for Linux audio
applications". The fact that JACK is involved is (waves hand
dismissively in manner of a Paris waiter) an implementation detail.

> The JACK site[1] says, "If you're doing anything with jack, you need to be
> on this list."

True enough. Though I've been doing things with JACK for many years
without ever having read that page before. And -devel lists are
usually for developers of whatever it is they're about, not users of
it.

Anyway -- really I'm just cross about missing things through my own
inertia. I suspect the real reason I'm not on that list is that I
never got around to moving my subscription there, having previously
been subscribed to the now defunct jackit-devel@email-addr-hidden.
 This is the first time I've really been aware that the "new" list was
any more active than the old!

Chris