Re: [LAD] Descent synth as dssi

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2010 - 18:16:51 EET

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:43 AM, Gerald Mwangi <gerald.mwangi@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi, does anyone know a synth powerfull like zynadd, phasex or
> bristol,but in dssi format? I need something I can load into Rosegarden,
> since I dont want 10 Standalones running, until ardour, rg and the
> synths support LASH, if that ever happens.

I have no idea why, but I have a warm, fuzzy soft place in my heart
for DSSI plugins. they always seem to just work. whysynth has
already been mentioned, but be sure to check out the calf monosynth,
which can be run as a DSSI plugin:

jack-dssi-host calf.so:Monosynth

check out the DSSI home page too, for a lot of other options.

I'm hoping this thread will reveal some that I don't know about! we
really need something like specimen in DSSI format.

> I think LASH should be integrated into Jack, to make it mandatory for
> linux audio apps. The missing LASH support is one of the main issues
> disturbing me, when working with linux audio. Now I've said it, ha.
> I'm thinking of having Jack require a Load/Save callback, prior to
> activating the client. How feasible is that?

why oh why oh why did you throw this paragraph in? now no one wants
to talk about DSSI anymore... :(

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com