Re: [LAD] automation on Linux

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Thu Mar 18 2010 - 00:05:13 EET

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:59 PM, rosea grammostola
<rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> "*Rosegarden *could work, but apart from being bloated, it is also
> rather complicated to add automation:
> Draw event
> Open in Martrix editor
> Then under "View" I can add a controller, but for some reason only a
> select few.

The controllers available are those listed in the device mapping for
your track. You can add any you like to the device mapping, or load a
preset device mapping -- 140 or so of them are bundled, including one
with all controllers in it by number rather than name.

The control editor ruler in the matrix of the current Qt4-based
Rosegarden is rather nicer than the one in 1.7.x -- thanks to Chris
Fryer for lots of work on that.

It is still rather unwieldy to have to go through the matrix editor at
all, sometimes, and there is no automation at all for internal
parameters like plugin or audio mixer settings (except by setting up
MIDI controllers and playing them back in to Rosegarden's external
controller input, but that's a real hack).

Chris