Re: [LAD] Freqtweak & gcc 4.4

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 01:10:08 EET

Reuben Martin wrote:

> FTutils.hpp needs a "#include <stdint.h>" added to it. It's to do
> with changes made in gcc 4.4 to do with headers.

That wasn't the problem I ran into. My problem was that sig++/sig++.h
wasn't found even though I have installed libsigc++-2.0-dev.

Basically a bit of autofoo/pkg-config magic is needed to fix this.

> There really needs to be a "Linux Audio Hospice" website (Tag line:
> "...where cool audio projects go to die") to act as an upstream to
> keep track of patches from the various distros for projects that are
> popular but no longer maintained.

Keeping patches is a pain. What you need is to have the projects
themselves in revision control where someone keeps them up to date
and does proper releases.

Erik