Re: [LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 22 2010 - 20:37:29 EET

> Both are still limited in the sense that you have
> to define that data explicitly.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> FA

I am sorry, I do not understand what kind of limitation you are speaking
about.

I may not be a programmer and perhaps I lack knowledge and understanding of
some concepts like this
defining data explicitly, I do know that currently on Linux I cannot do a
whole class of things. So if I wanna
do an ambient tune and use Zyn as my sound source, I would not be able to
automate, either in real time
or non-real time mode in a graph some of its parameters. And I do need that
functionality. It can be "limited",
but this is all I need, since just playing notes is no good. I need to work
with the sound itself. This is what
automation is for me, it is not about mixing, it is about manipulating sound
itself.

Again, maybe I am not getting something.

Louigi.