Re: [LAD] automation on Linux (modular approach)

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 24 2010 - 13:25:42 EET

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:01:12 +0300, Louigi Verona
<louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:
> I have had this with Qtractor and Bristol. I will test again, if you say
> that there should be no problem.
> I am using M-Audio midi keyboards, they seem to be standard stuff. I
will
> test again, it was a long time
> ago.

qtractor has bindings for midi cc's and only for its own track sliders
(there's 2 per track, gain and panning) atm.

if you're trying to map one of these sliders to a bristol knob, as i can
read from your post, you'll need to match qtractor's midi cc parameters
(menu View/Controllers...) to the ones bristol is expecting and/or sending
as feedback (if any).

there's no distinction between sliders and knobs in qtractor, albeit it
has no knobs to start with.

all sliders map to midi cc values in the range 0..127, taking note that
the qtractor's track gain/volume slider has this logarithmic law and track
panning a bland linear one.

seeya

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela