Re: [LAD] [OT] Turing machine

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Mar 27 2010 - 01:06:28 EET

Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Friday 26 March 2010 23:30:36 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>>
>>> Newton's laws are to physics
>>>
>> I take you with me to a desert island, perhaps both of us won't survive
>> it :D. GPS doesn't work because of Newton :D. Pardon, I'm drunken,
>> there's nothing wrong with Newton, but sometimes Newton isn't working
>> for modern life any more.
>>

> Actually he is more than working today. If the stars revolve around you, that
> is Newton. If the beer drops to the ground from your pint, that is Newton. If
> you find yourself on the ground with an apple in your hand, that is Newton.
>
> /me is kind of drunk too
>

>> I envy your gift to understand maths. Or were you very disciplined?
>>

> I find it more hard _not_ to understand math...
>
> Arnold

Hm? This really interesting. I like to know something about the people
on the Linux lists. I'm tested as gifted, but I don't understand maths,
even if I do understand physics. I guess today this is called intuitive
physics. Neurosciences is talking about left and right brained people.
IMO just maths gifted people are really able to understand some issues.
I'm really sorry for myself that maths just doesn't come to me as easy
as other stuff comes to me. So you really has an advantage for a lot of
needed knowledge for modern life. This is really cool. I hope you know
about this advantage for yourself. I found some weasel philosophic words
to justify, that maths is overrated, but I'm wrong, it's just a
self-deceit. I honestly don't believe in the TOE, but I guess maths is
one of the most important things ... even if there are some bad excesses ;).