Re: [LAD] [LAA] [ANN] guitarix-0.07.0 release 'reloaded'

From: Andreas Degert <andreas.degert@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 29 2010 - 00:33:12 EEST

Hi Torben,

> here is a jack-session patch.

Thanks for the patch.

I'm trying to test with jacksm (current git version, Sat Mar 27
18:06:21 2010 +0100),
jackd svn version 3975 (jack1).

first results and comments:

 - setup.py installs in usr/local/bin, data/org.jackaudio.sessionmanager.service
   expects jacksm in /usr/bin

 - --quit doesn't work (unknown dbus command)

 - --quitas saves but doesn't quit the application

 - --quitas and --saveas only seem to save when called the first time with
   a session name

 - --load gives an exception, but works after killing the daemon

 - the saved command line contains -f ${SESSION_DIR}guitarix.state, but
   SESSION_DIR doesn't end with a /. Is just the slash missing in the
   command line or is the value of SESSION_DIR wrong (for now i have
   added a "/") ?

 - at one point guitarix was created with a jack name of guitarix-01 (there
   was no other guitarix jack client)
   after stopping jackd and starting again the name was back to guitarix

Before i start changing the patch, i'd like to know if my testing
environment is set up correctly..

ciao
Andreas