Re: [LAD] jack-session finally merged.

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 30 2010 - 18:35:02 EEST

torbenh wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:48:49AM +0200, rosea grammostola wrote:
>
>> torbenh wrote:

>>> save and load sessions.

>>> the user will be able to save the state of all apps supporting the API
>>> with a single command/click.
>>> and will be able to reload it. no more maintaining of connection setup
>>> scripts and all the hassle involved before.
>>>

>> Does it save and reload sessions / settings / songs of the applications?
>>

> thats what sessionmanagement is about. it will reproduce the saved state
> as far as the apps support that.

So it support not only jack connections and applications restoration,
but also applications settings e.g. ardour session, qtractor project,
zynadsubfx settings etc.

>> Is it possible to load an application with the SM, with an certain
>> setting / preset/ session?
>>

> i dont understand this question.
> the SM only starts apps when you reload a session.

I have a session save with the SM. In that session I have Ardour running
with a certain Ardoursession.
Do I have to reload that ardoursession manually after the SM has
relaunced Ardour, or is the ardoursession also restored?

> if you want to start an app just start it. via any means you like.
In Ladish you can (re)start applications with a certain session / file /
patch for example

ardour2 /path/rocksong.ardour

\r