Re: [LAD] Yoshimi : Space Choir 1 (fantasy bank) sounds wrong

From: cal <cal@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 - 15:40:28 EEST

Louigi Verona wrote:
> Hey guys!
> Actually I heard that before - the complaint that Yoshimi has some of
> the presets sounding wrong. Just so that you know, it is not
> a new issue. I guess nobody just cared to report it.

An interesting generalisation. In the early days I was using a different
control (with a very slightly different curve) to the original zyn.
While I personally liked it that way, eventually I came to the came to
the conclusion that the curve difference was quite likely behind the
subtle differences people were reporting, so I reverted to the original.
Since then I don't think anyone's mentioned the subtle difference issue.

Space Choir-1 is different. It's not subtly different, it's totally stuffed.
It's also a PADsynth only instrument. I don't personally use PADsynth much,
so it's gone unnoticed, but there's clearly something radically wrong in
yoshimi's PADsynth code.

And we're getting way of course for LAD, so I suggest we shuffle over to LAU
or yoshimi-user.

cheers, Cal