Re: [LAD] [Jack-Devel] distros migrating to JACK2?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Apr 17 2010 - 00:33:06 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
> We didn't write JACK to be part of the desktop
> environment, we wrote it as a tool for people doing serious
> audio&music work.

Full ACK, from the standpoint of a user.

> the right thing being that
> anyone can implement their own version of JACK and if its compliant
> then anyone can use it at any time.

Full ACK, from the standpoint of a user.

> I can understand
> why newcomers to this ecosystem would not share their opinion.

Because users, even users who developed well known professional audio
equipment are dissed as idiots, from the standpoint of a developer of
well known professional audio equipment.

It seems to be that users are unimportant, resp. desktop users seems to
be important regarding to JACK.