Re: [LAD] distros migrating to JACK2?

From: Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 18 2010 - 01:14:31 EEST

Excerpts from Arnold Krille's message of 2010-04-17 23:15:11 +0200:

> That way your favourite
> music player can have an output plugin that looks for jack and if that is not
> running, looks for pulse and finally choose direct alsa for playback...
>
> Have fun,
>
> Arnold

I don't see why jack needs to be splitted for this, it works just fine
with jack installed in a single package. Example Audioplayer: Aqualung

In general it seems to be a matter of taste, and while debian folk sees
benefits in it others simply don't think it's worth the trouble.

IMHO it simply shouldn't get in the way. And a package management system
shouldn't get in the way of programs and users.

Philipp