[LAD] General question: Components of Music Software

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 26 2010 - 09:47:42 EEST

Hey guys!

I was wondering about the following.
On Windows we have lots and lots of plugins and synthesizers and effect
racks. On Linux the selection is much less variable.

However, am I correct in understanding that the variety of the Windows
synths and plugins merely means that people take several core modules and
just rearrange them into different GUIs?
Am I correct in understanding that there are only several major algorithms
for things like filters, delays, reverbs and choruses?

Louigi Verona.