Re: [LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 13:59:30 EEST

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>wrote:

> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> Louigi Verona wrote:
>>
>>> Difficult to explain. let me draw:
>>>
>>> C5 is a note
>>>
>>> C5 _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>>>
>>> A 3/16 would create this kind of echo:
>>>
>>> C5 _ _ c5 _ _ c5 _
>>>
>>> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Ralf Mardorf <
>>> ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net <mailto:ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>> None of the LADSPA ones I tried just give you a normal 3/16 delay.
>>>

>>> What exactly do you mean with this? Are you talking about
>>> triplets? Just use the calculator to find out how long a triplet
>>> is regarding to the BPM and round the result to the available ms.
>>> Or is 3 for left to center to right, for semiquavers?
>>>

>> Please add your reply under the quote.
>>
>> You're talking about triplets, especially because you do dub music ;).
>>
>> This is possible.
>>
>> 60000/120BPM=500ms for a 1/4 note. E.g. 500ms/3=166.7ms for triplets,
>> reps. 166.7ms/x or 166.7ms*x for other triplets.
>>

> Resp. you aren't talking about triplets if e.g. one _ is for 1/8 note. Do
> you wish to have a delay were not all delays do come at a steady note?

I am not sure guys what you are talking about.

I understand that you can multiply something - this is very clear. You can
even forget about plugins and just take the sound and paste it with a lower
volume.
I cannot always point a finger to what exactly i do not like about delays.
CALF vintage delays is nice, but the fact that I can make it pan ping-pong
only by setting different time in L and R is not good. And the whole
Subdivide control is very confusing. In many simple VSTs you have 1, 2/4,
3/16 kinda settings and it is all tied to a tempo. Echoverse in Rakarrack is
very good.