Re: [LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 15:59:13 EEST

Renato wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:17:51 +0400
> Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>> Hey guys!
>>
>> Read it here:
>> http://www.louigiverona.ru/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_electronic
>>
>> Any comments are welcome.
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> L.V.
>>

> Just two comments:
>
> 1) yes, rakarrack *does* rock - incredible sounds you can get from that
> creature (for anyone interested, git version has many more goodies
> than last release)
>
> 2) If you want to have more and more precise control on your effects
> (like the 3/16 delay you mentioned) you really should look into pd or
> supercollider. Don't fool yourself saying "I am no coder". You can
> learn, at various degrees. And while it may be more difficult to learn
> than playing with a gui, the time investment will be rewarded. If
> your focus is on electronic music, you really should learn to use (at
> least to some degree) the more advanced tools: on a computer, these are
> things like pd and sc.
>
> If you're italian (which your name strongly suggests ;) ) there's an
> excellent supercollider book by Andrea Valle (in italian) on this page:
>
> http://www.fonurgia.unito.it/andrea/wikka.php?wakka=SuperCollider
>

> cheers
> Renato

It's not that every user is a noob regarding to this, but for some users
this is less intuitive to use, when being musically creative and perhaps
Louigi (seemingly from Italy, but perhaps from New England or somewhere
else ;) does know solutions that satisfy his needs, regarding to the way
he is creative, but not regarding to political issues.

OT: I wouldn't be surprised if Louigi is from New England :D.