Re: [LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat May 01 2010 - 05:55:09 EEST

Tim E. Real wrote:
> Until now I have mostly been using SimulAnalog's famous JCM900 VST
> dll plugin under dssi-vst. (I do wish they would open-source those plugs!)

Aha, it's for free :), http://www.simulanalog.org/GSuite.zip, until now
I didn't use VSTs when recording with Linux, but the web says, this VST
should be awesome,
http://www.google.de/#hl=de&ei=vJLbS_jPJc6YOMjj9JIH&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAUQBSgA&q=JCM+900+VST&spell=1&fp=af503062d682e13a
:).

On the web page there are some PDFs.

Perception and Congnition

    A perceptual approach on equalization
<http://www.simulanalog.org/eq.pdf>
    A perceptual approach on clipping and saturation
<http://www.simulanalog.org/clip.pdf> Volume cranked up in amp debate
<http://www.trueaudio.com/at_eetjlm.htm> (by Brian Santo)

Numerical methods and models

    State variable changes to avoid non-computational issues
<http://www.simulanalog.org/statevariable.pdf>
    A complete model of a tube amplifier stage
<http://www.simulanalog.org/tubestage.pdf>
    Analysis and high performance simulation of linear networks
    Polynomial interpolators for High-Quality Resampling (Olli
Niemitalo) <http://www.student.oulu.fi/%7Eoniemita/DSP/deip.pdf>

Programming Techniques

    Optimizing with SIMD instructions
<http://www.simulanalog.org/optimization.htm>
    Compiler Benchmarks <http://www.simulanalog.org/compiler.htm>

I have little use for it, because of a lack of knowledge, dunno, perhaps
it's useful for some people from the list.

Thank you for the information Tim :),

Ralf