Re: [LAD] [Faudiostream-devel] [ANN] Faust 0.9.24

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Tue May 18 2010 - 18:11:50 EEST

Am Dienstag, den 18.05.2010, 08:55 +0200 schrieb Orlarey Yann:
> hermann wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Thanks for the new release, it work very well here with my old projects.
> > The new select2 is very welcome here.
> > Also I make the move to double precision, and get a much better denormal
> > protection now.
> >
> > great work,
> > greats
> > hermann
> >
> Thanks Hermann, I appreciate :-). Concerning denormals, wasn't the
> AVOIDDENORMALS macro enough to avoid the problem ?
> Cheers
>
> Yann

No, may be because we run many units in series in one callback ?
We have implement a additional denormal protection :

 anti_denormal = pow(10,-20);
 anti_denormal_ac = 1 - 1' : *(anti_denormal) : + ~ *(-1);

witch we add at dedicated points in the units, that avoid denormals
under normal circumstances.
But in oversampled(2x -8x) mode, we get denormals from the
lowpass/highpass and from the speakerbp in single precision,
that didn't happen in double precision.

greats
      hermann