Re: [LAD] precision resampling to correct clock differences - no luck with libsamplerate and zita-resampler...

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Sat May 22 2010 - 13:47:10 EEST

On 05/22/2010 12:38 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
>> unfortunately, both zita-resampler and libsamplerate seem to represent
>> the sample rate ratio internally as a fraction of two integers,
>
> I haven't looked at the code for zita-resampler but for libsamplerate,
> what you said above, is not correct.

that's good to know!

> Sepcifically :
>
> a) The API has an src_ratio field which is of type double floating
> point. Thats how you chose your resampling ratio.

i found that. but when i'm trying with sndfile-resample (using the -by
parameter), i get an integer target sample rate (or at least, that's
what the output claims), which is what confused me. plus it seems that
the target sample rate in the SRC structure is an int, not a double, so
i don't understand how arbitrary ratios could be represented...

> b) Internally, the time distance between samples is also calcutated
> in double floating point.

great. so it looks like a minor hack to sndfile-resample to get what i want.

best,

jörn