Re: [LAD] axonlib

From: Igor Brkic <igor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 11:19:48 EEST

On 08.06.2010 09:30, Jeremy wrote:

> A little confused here. Is it an audio processor that can be used in
> many different forms, or is it a host for other plugins? The fact that
> it has a standalone version makes me think that it is an audio
> processor, but I'm still not sure exactly what it does with the audio.
> I thought that it was a plugin host at first. Please explain exactly
> what it does. When you say "using this" or "supporting that" I have no
> idea what sense of support you mean, like being able to call other
> interfaces using that system, or actually being ported to that system so
> your library is usable under it.
>
> Please be very clear: What exactly can I do with my audio using
> this? How exactly would I do it? Is there any comparable software? How
> is this different from other software? Run me through a setup of how I
> would do a specific task using this program.
>
> Also, I don't think lv2 is necessarily useless on windows. It's simply
> an api, not based on the OS.
>
> Jeremy

I think it is a library for building audio processors - you write your
code to do whatever you want with audio and/or MIDI, and make GUI using
library functions. After that, with one parameter, you choose if you
want to compile it as a VST plugin or as a standalone app for Linux or
Windows.

Cheers!
Igor