Re: [LAD] Axonlib (again)

From: ccernn <cern.th.skei@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 08 2010 - 13:51:40 EEST

aarg, answering in the list is confusing!
thunderbird gives me just errors when trying to click on any "reply"
links in the emails or the list archives.
please, someone tell me how this is supposed to work...

---
I think it is a library for building audio processors - you write your
code to do whatever you want with audio and/or MIDI, and make GUI using
library functions. After that, with one parameter, you choose if you
want to compile it as a VST plugin or as a standalone app for Linux or
Windows.
Cheers!
Igor
---
yeah, that is more or less correct..
audio processor, plugin, diffferent names for kind of the same thing...
and if everything goes as planned, you can later compile to a dssi or
ladspa or whatever, if we manage to put the various (plugin-)format
abstractions in place. i've never done any code for these formats,
except for some ladspa testing, and doesn't use any audio-host that
support these plugin formats, ... so we might need some help with this
part, or it might take some time to get done (and bugfixed)..
same thing with the mac support...
everything has been abstracted into seperate layers for both the
plugin/processor format (standalone binary is considered as just one of
these formats), and platformst (currently windows/linux). there's a
bunch of #ifdef AX_FORMAT_VST and #ifdef AX_LINUX, etc, inside the code,
so you just have to define a couple of these for the format and platform
you want to compile to (probably in a makefile, or in a compile script),
and most things is 'automagically' handled for you...
you write your plugin (or whatever) with a specific set of
functions/methods from the base classses, and via some #ifdefs, etc, the
correct implementations for your platform/format of choice is being
'dragged in' and compiled into the resulting binary or shared library..
and sorry if my english isn't too perfect (i'm norwegian... if something
sounds confusing, just (continue to) ask..
- ccernn