[LAD] Qt GUI for LV2 Plugin

From: Jeremy <jeremybubs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 12 2010 - 10:15:56 EEST

Hi all,

I am thinking about making a custom GUI for the Autotalent LV2 Port, which
would allow the user to select scales easier and perhaps provide some eye
candy ;).

It seems that there is some issue with LV2 GUIs being not cross-platform
because they require GTK. Therefore it seems to make sense to create a GUI
using Qt, so it will work on most imaginable platforms. However, when I
started googling, I found a discussion on the topic by the author of the
Composite sampler, who wanted to do the same thing. It seemed like he was
actually writing a new extension in order for this to work. However, I
couldn't find any further work on that project, and currently the Composite
plugin doesn't have a custom GUI at all.

So my questions are:

Is it possible to create a Qt GUI with the currently designed extensions?
 Which extension should I use if so?
Which hosts support which type of external GUI creation? Would it take
additional code to get any Qt GUI running under them?
Is there any reason I should not use an external Qt GUI?
Where should I start with getting an external Qt GUI to run?

Thanks,
Jeremy