Re: [LAD] audio/midi app development

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 22:23:51 EEST

Hey James,

Lots of idea's going around there anyways.. Thats great.
Its been a while since I've been appealed by the "custom widget" craze,
but you got me intrested enough to relpy...

I quite like the way one can write custom widgets in GTK. It involves some
small steps, but once you've got your head around them (maybe you already
have)
its quite fun.. :-)

I've set up one folder in my programming dir call gtkmmWidgets, lots of
small / medium sized
widgets in there. Can throw it into a tarball and mail it to you if you
like. Small Demos:
Random Widgets<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8g0da9Fi3pA/TBfSivPpmlI/AAAAAAAAADI/6EUPFQPd60I/s1600/Screenshot.png>
(You may notice the "screenshot tear" in the "midi-editor"... to humans its
not like that!

Anyway, where can we find out more about your project? I'd have some MIDI /
JACK MIDI gtk
example code aswell if your intrested.. (cant garantee its all correct, but
it works at least..)

Cheers, -Harry