Re: [LAD] qjackctl & server name

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 16 2010 - 17:51:04 EEST

On Wednesday 16 June 2010 16:23:05 Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> > Doesn't work as expected. Whan 'Start' fails it seems to
> > leave qjackctl in an unusable state. Fixing the cause of
> > the failed start doesn't help, the only solution seems to
> > be to terminate and restrart qjackctl itself.
>
> what you mean by "unusable" state? does it hang? crash? can't 'Start'
> again? what's the cause for the start failure? are there any error
> messages? does it help increasing the start delay?

Assuming this is the same issue as Fons':
When I try to start JACK the second time (after resolving whatever the
problem was), JACK actually starts just fine. I can connect other
clients to it, but QjackCtl itself fails to connect to the server and
stays in the "Starting" state forever. Changing the start delay doesn't
make any difference.

Dominic