Re: [LAD] audio/midi app development

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Jun 16 2010 - 22:48:25 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:
>

>> PS: Why not programming for savant syndrome musical gifted and 'fast'
>> watching people too?
>>

> the limits under discussion relate to monitor technology, not human
> capabilities.

100 Hz for a 32-bit Linux install and 89.9 Hz for my 64-bit Linux
installs on my machine. I guess I could increase the VF. Anyway,

NTSC 60 Hz, 480 vertical pixels (digital 525 analog to anolog ;)

PAL (50 Hz, 576vertical pixel (digital anlog to anlog 625 *lol*)

Sorry, it's a Wiki on German only, but even the translation is
unimportant, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bildwiederholfrequenz.

Musicians are musicians and of course the today so called 'savant
syndrome' isn't an exception for musicians.

The yardstick for musicians isn't the same as for 'consumers'.

Phew, I know a lot of other jobs, were I could become rich, but instead
I'm addicted to music.

There might be some (so called) savants, who need a GUIs that will
refresh near to 100Hz.

Do you program consumer software or apps for professionals?

A rhetorical question.

In a perfect world, a GUI at least should refresh around 75
times/second. AGAIN I don't need it, but it's a valid wish for people
who are able to 'watch faster'.

- Ralf