Re: [LAD] GPL and plugins

From: Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 21:22:16 EEST

I think this is the closest to the scenario I am envisaging. There is
a host, which is non-Free and commercial, currently using a non-Free
plugin, which is packaged with it. This non-Free plugin gets
substituted by a Free plugin, which is free because, amongst other
things, it links to a GPL dynamic library. Is this breaking the
original GPL license of the dynamic lib the plugin links to?
I see for instance that in the case of LinuxSampler, this would
clearly be a breach of license, because of the extra condition
attached relating to commercial software. But what about plain GPL?

Victor