Re: [LAD] GPL and plugins

From: Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 23:12:19 EEST

The plugin is just a Free software plugin, that is GPL, distributed in
binary form and source code etc. It is written as a plugin, so it can
be used by any host of the same API. The host will load this plugin
instead of the proprietary non-free plugin that it replaces. The
plugin is made available separately, but is also bundled with the
host, which loads it automatically.

My reasons for asking this are that I was asked to write such a plugin
and i) I don't normally do proprietary software; ii) I don't like to
reinvent the wheel. If I can't provide a free solution, I may as well
not take the job.

Victor