Re: [LAD] [ANN] Drumstick 0.4.0 released

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 07 2010 - 02:17:55 EEST

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
<pedro.lopez.cabanillas@gmail.com> wrote:
> This library is used in KMetronome, KMidimon and KMid2, and was formerly known as "aseqmm".
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/drumstick

Thanks for making these updates available!

Will http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmid2/ and
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kmetronome/ be updated to include the
latest drumstick? Or should I just drop in the new drumstick dir and
recompile? kmid-svn/drumstick/README says "This is a local copy, in
case the standalone package isn't found." -- since I have fedora
package 'drumstick-0.3.1-2.fc12.x86_64' installed,
should I just deinstall that package and install drumstick 0.4.0 from
source to get the latest drumstick lib running in kmid and kmetronome?

FYI, I finally figured out that I have to check
http://cia.vc/stats/project/kde/kmid to see what's going on with that
project (due to Kmid being in KDE's "trunk/extragear/multimedia"), but
to see what's happening in the library,
http://drumstick.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/drumstick/trunk/?view=log
and then
http://kmetronome.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kmetronome/trunk/?view=log
http://kmidimon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/kmidimon/trunk/?view=log
for the additional apps....

BTW, is http://kmetronome.sourceforge.net/kaseq.shtml (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kmetronome/files/kaseq/0.3.1/kaseq-0.3.1.tar.bz2/download
) an application that predates drumstick? Will it be updated to use
drumstick or is drumstick not necessary for the kinds of operations
performed by kaseq?

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com