Re: [LAD] [LAU] Denemo 0.8.18 Release - Free and Open Music Notation Editor

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 09 2010 - 20:28:17 EEST

FYI, I found one additional wrinkle compiling on fedora. Autoconf isn't
properly checking for the presence&correct version of package "pango-devel"
and this is causing a failure in ./configure with a message that doesn't
suggest a missing package:

checking for GTK2... configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >=
> 2.0.3) were not met:

> Package pango was not found in the pkg-config search path.

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pango.pc'

Package 'pango', required by 'GDK', not found

> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you

> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GTK2_CFLAGS

and GTK2_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Installing pango-devel-1.26.2-1.fc12.x86_64 allows ./configure to built the
Makefile.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com