Re: [LAD] Routing signals in mixer (Ardour, Qtractor)

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 13 2010 - 02:13:55 EEST

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:37:03PM +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> i think that's the "zero-copy" optimization that jack pursues when ports
> are single connected?

Yes, and it's OK except that Jack should not do this
when the input and output are on the same client.

When connecting A to B the way the signal A is seen by
B must not depend on other ports being connected to B.
At least not if a writeable Jack port is supposed to
be a linear summing point. But when using zero-copy
in some cases it does. Which is why I *do* call this
a bug. Apparently it has not been fixed.

Ciao,

--
Je veux que la mort me trouve plantant mes choux, mais
nonchalant d’elle, et encore plus de mon jardin imparfait.