Re: [LAD] [ANN] Drumstick 0.4.1 released

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 13 2010 - 23:37:09 EEST

On Tuesday, July 13, 2010, Niels Mayer wrote:
> I got it re-working by uninstalling drumstick libs, doing ldconfig,
> in kmid, doing cmake per the README instructions with the
> "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`" argument. (the
> /usr/local/lib64/kde4/).

While you can configure and install Drumstick on either prefix=/usr
or /usr/local or whatever prefix you wish (but only one!) KDE programs are
restricted usually to only one location ( $kde4-config --prefix ).

For more information: http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration

> then remaking kmid, and reinstalling.
>
> There is a strange interaction going on between drumstick dynlibs and
> the kmid static ones. I'll try the "kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental"
> next time things start behaving strangely.... Seems like
> kbuidsyscococoa was going on in the background previously, and i was
> testing the program (and failing) before kbuildsyscocoa had finished.
> First time I ran it, got errors. Then kbuildsyscocoa (which must have
> been running in background) spewed a few screen-fulls... after that,
> kmid ran.

Yes, ksycoca database is rebuilt automatically, but the process may take some
time.

Regards,
Pedro