Re: [LAD] FIxed alsa-tools' envy24control missing peak level meters and "Reset Peaks"

From: Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 14 2010 - 07:53:36 EEST

On July 13, 2010 07:26:24 pm fons@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 06:46:36PM -0400, Tim E. Real wrote:
> > It's not clear where the 0dB mark is.
>
> AFAIK it's at 127.
>
> Ciao,
Yes, I know that, but I was thinking of new users.
Other dB markings might help, too, just as a reference.

I don't remember why I didn't try to take care of it,
 if there was some difficulty in the actual dB numbers or
 something, or probably just never got around to it.

AFAIK above 127 the gain stage is operated upon rather than
 the attenuation stage.

Tim.