Re: [LAD] controlling access to the sound card

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 15 2010 - 18:25:33 EEST

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Jason Butler <jbutler@email-addr-hidden-inc.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback. The system my application is going to run on will
> not include PulseAudio, so I would have to do it with just ALSA and the OS.

ALSA contains the building blocks needed to implement such a system
(this is how PulseAudio can do it) but it does not offer this
functionality in a form for users to use. Put differently, you could
write code that would do what you describe, but there is nothing on
your system as-is that will do what you described.