Re: [LAD] [Somewhat OT] Strange failure mode of a PC

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jul 18 2010 - 21:30:19 EEST

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 11:14 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday, July 18, 2010 11:08:03 am Folderol did opine:
>
> > On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:49:24 -0400
> >
> > Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > > And I was in the 40's by then,, I'll be 76 in Oct, if this batch of
> > > fencepost holes don't finish me first. A type 2 Diabetic, my warranty
> > > expired 30 years ago. ;-)
> >
> > Woo! There's hope for the rest of us then :)
>
> I never doubted that for an instant. There are some real brains on this
> list. If osmosis still worked on this old wet ram, I might actually learn
> something.
>
> Sometimes this audio scene reminds me of a 'Marge' cartoon I have on the
> wall, which says "Just think, in 40 years we'll have all these tatooed old
> lady's running around, and Rap Music will be the golden oldies" Scary
> thought to an old country music fan. ;-)

The great Johnny Cash had his revival because of people that had to do
with an US label that indeed is from jazz and late more from heavy
metal, but especially a very important rap primary rock did sample a
heavy metal band from this label. 'Don't believe the hype', but believe
me ;). Rap isn't closely related because of sampling, but because of a
community of people in my age, to the revival of Johnny Cash.

Those old Punx and HipHop folks have roots, off cause MC5 and others,
but also Blue Grass and Western and Country ... not those KKK crowed,
but e.g. Johnny Cash.

Rap isn't that bad at all. There's Rap and Rap, but also Western and
Country can differ between trash and good music :).