Re: [LAD] Attenuation of sounds in 3D space

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2010 - 15:01:36 EEST

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 01:04 +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> We are not talking about 5.1 or 7.1 here. These suck big time.
>
> We are talking about ambisonics vs. binaurals vs. simple stereo here!

Ok, I noticed this.

Fon's AmbDec is the player for the files from
http://www.ambisonia.com/?!

I guess a friend who lives near to my home has at least 8 outputs for an
Envy24 sound card and at least a JBL 5.1 setup, so the 5.1 speakers
could be used for a minimalist ambisonics.

> > A lot of people, even a lot of those who you respect, tried it and I
> > never meed someone who preferred mono or stereo to surround.
>
> I don't understand that last sentence. You argue against using more then two
> speaker-channels. And then you tell us you never meet anyone who prefered mono
> or stereo over surround?

Bad sentence construction don by me.

Cheers!

Ralf