Re: [LAD] [LAA] announcing envy24control, mudita (*) edition.

From: James Morris <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net>
Date: Wed Jul 28 2010 - 10:57:51 EEST

On 28 July 2010 02:09, Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> [trimmed down reply-to linux-audio-dev@email-addr-hidden]
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:25 AM, john ffitch <jpff> wrote:
>> Any chance of an option to envy24control to allow colour blind people
>> to see three zones?  I had been using it for years before I was told
>> that there is a red section at the top and green below
>> ==John ffitch
>
> John --
>
> Thank you for writing and you'll be happy to know that the new
> "mutida24" (to avoid confusion with the old and overly colorful
> envy24contol) does not use coloration in the same way, and yes, I'd
> imagine the old choice of colors would be particularly bad for
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#Red-green_color_blindness
> .
>
> Although there's been some recent minor changes, this is the look of
> the new meters:
> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/Screenshot-Envy24Control-MonitorInputs.png
> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/Screenshot-Envy24Control-MonitorPCM.png

Have to say, the bright-green and cadmium-yellow-deep combination is
particularly disgusting!
...especially on that green background. IMO the darker green
background should be less prominent, a much darker green.

Here's a mock-screenshot with the meter background a few shades darker
(#002100):
http://jwm-art.net/Screenshot-Envy24Control-MonitorInputs_bg_002100.png

I could live with that cadmium yellow deep on that ;-)
James.