Re: [LAD] Attenuation of sounds in 3D space

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 04:57:51 EEST

On Wednesday 28 July 2010 22:47:03 JohnLM wrote:
> To make it a bit clearer: What difference would these methods cause?
> 1. Inputs -> B-format -> 5.1
> or
> 2. Inputs -> 5.1
> Simply first method allows me to concentrate making ambisonics only, and
> then use already existing decoders to create final output.

Advantages of the first version: If you save the B-format, you can lossless
transform the audio to binaural headphone, plain stereo, plain mono, 5.1, 7.1
and all the other zero or first order setups. And you can ship the B-format
and have the listeners decode/downmix to what they want/need.

Advantages of the second version: Probably none. Apart from the sticker "mixed
in 5.1"

Have fun,

Arnold