Re: [LAD] [LAA] announcing envy24control, mudita (*) edition.

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 02:57:04 EEST

On Sun, August 1, 2010 3:24 pm, Niels Mayer wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>> http://nielsmayer.com/envy24control/Screenshot-Mudita24-rc0-MonInp.png
>>Looks good. I did some work at the end of last year to add a glassy tube
>>type effect to jackEQ's meters. It would be cool to get that combined
>> with
>>your efforts.
>
> Thanks... yes, it's plain-er looking than the original -- on purpose.
> I was trying to get away from the "make it look like actual hardware",
> and instead focus on making something useful with the GUI available.
> Also, the previous implementation was very inefficient -- which is a
> bad thing for a "utility" -- that inefficiency gets multiplied across
> up to 12 meters running simultaneously:

Understood. Just as a reference the glassy tube effect can be calculated
just once and then only updated per pixel. I didn't have the time to
understand and integrate that functionality when I was working on it so
the version in jackEQ currently updates the whole meter each time.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.