Re: [LAD] what does "full range" mean with regard to ambisonics and speakers?

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 04 2010 - 16:01:39 EEST

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 12:20:56PM +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 08/04/2010 08:11 AM, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>
> >Unrelated question, does ambdec do third order vertical? Will it?
> >(I'm going to have zenith and nadir speakers in the Listening Room so it
> >would be able to do 3rd order h and v).
>
> me too! wouldn't even need a gui to create them, but it would be
> great to be able to have ambdec process arbitrary matrices, maybe
> even up to fifth order, so that it can be used for all those spiffy
> installations we have seen lately (ircam, iem, etc...)

That is definitely the direction things are taking - to remove any
artificial limits. Also the whole processing system (C++) will have
a Python API. So you can create custom decoders in Python. This will
also make it easy to add OSC or MIDI control for example.

I'm still in doubt what to do with the configuration files. Since adding
OSC is easy, they could just be the textual form of OSC they are now.
The other option is to skip this and turn the config files into active
Python code, directly using the API.

Integrating a Python interpreter with real-time code and event-driven
GUI code requires some trickery which I'll explore and hopefully get
working while in holiday (end of this month).

Ciao,

--
FA
There are three of them, and Alleline.