[LAD] X behaviour (was Mouse/knob interaction)

From: Andrew Bryant <andrew@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 08:51:03 EEST

On 08/09/10 22:38, Alex wrote:

Snip
> Is it possible that the unrestrained urge and perception of glamour associated with shiny toolkits has supplanted
> solid if "boring" fundamentals already available in X?
>
> Enquiring minds want to know. :)
>
> Alex.

I am inclined to concur with this proposition.

Are you able to name any X application written in this millennium which
understands "-geometry"? My current bete noire is alsaplayer which
adheres to the centre of the screen like a limpet. But I suppose I have
overlooked some simple switch somewhere.

Andrew