Re: [LAD] Mouse/knob interaction

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 12 2010 - 13:28:52 EEST

On 09/11/2010 08:23 PM, hermann wrote:

> You comes into the fine-tune mode after you have leave ctrl and hold the
> mouse-button pressed. A right click on a Controller pops up a spinbox to
> set a Value direct.

Press ctrl, hold the mouse button, release ctrl but not the button... That's
quite a hidden feature. I do respect your choice, but that confirms what I said:
it's designed for a specific purpose, it needs some more options to become a
generic widget that can accommodate the various tastes mentioned on this thread.

> Also you can use your own images (with rcstyle files) with your own size
> for the knob's, two different sizes for the knobs are possible. You can
> change the Image during runtime.

Changing the background image isn't sufficient to rival with the phat knob
visual animation, which provide a rotary level meter, as found in many modern
software. Check out the underlying pixmap(s):
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/phat/trunk/phat/pixmaps/knob.png

> Main author of libgxw is Andreas Degert, it's in Alpha stage, and open
> for suggestions.
> But indeed we see the need for a GTK Audio Widget library because we
> need it for our project, so we start to create on.

IMO you should get some inspiration from Phat..
http://phat.berlios.de/

--
  Olivier