Re: [LAD] Mouse/knob interaction

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 14 2010 - 10:14:13 EEST

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 22:14 +0200, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:

> For the default rendering of the blue part, using
> GtkStyle.bg[GDK_STATE_SELECTED] seems to make sense since it renders to a color
> (blue, brown, etc..) in many modern themes. However, in some other themes, it's
> just another shade of gray.
>
> Thorsten, did you think about this?

Sure. AFAIR fan-sliders use that approach.

I wonder if you can query for the color used for progress-bars.

Either ignore unfortunate themes, or try to evaluate the provided
colors, to use some fall-back if there isn't sufficient contrast.

An option for user-defined colors would have the problem that users have
to know about that and then have to bother defining it, if colors are
unpleasant, otherwise.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: