Re: [LAD] Mouse/knob interaction

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 21:06:33 EEST

On 09/16/2010 05:01 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> I quite like it when it's minimal, not too realistic. It reminds be a bit of the
>> memory/swap meters in the Gnome System Monitor:
>> http://testing.samalyse.com/lad/widgets/system_monitor.png
>
> the one issue i have with that style is pretty stupid really: it
> always takes me a 2nd thought to decide whether they indicate "the
> glass is 1/3rd empty" or "the glass is 1/3rd full". With color like
> that, its not so hard, but i have a camera that uses that kind of
> display to show memory-fullness, and its stuck with a black/white
> approach that makes it quite hard to decide what its showing you.

I was mentioning these to show how a minimal knob can look in a GTK window. It's
not shaded, nor embossed, but it integrates quite well I think.

That helps me to imagine how the knobs could integrate. And I don't think they
would be affected by the problem that you mention, thanks to needle/hand.

--
  Olivier