Re: [LAD] any pointers for RT kernel for ARM?

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 21 2010 - 17:48:42 EEST

Reviving an old thread -- I just found out about this and it looks
quite interesting, esp given
my recent positive experience running Fedora RPMFusion and
PlanetCCRMA audio apps on Meego (
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2010/09/0502.html ):
http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/Meego_on_Beagleboard_from_scratch

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/Meego_on_Beagleboard_from_scratch#Audio
---------- ------------ ------------- ------------ ---------
Audio

Audio does not yet work on beagleboard XM.

Audio works on beagleboard revA, revB and revC out of the box, but is
muted by default. It can be enabled using the alsamixer tool.
Alsamixer does some fancy console graphics and didn't work for me
through the serial console. I had to log in from an xterm via ethernet
to be able to actually control alsamixer.

You need to be logged in as user meego (not root) and start alsamixer.
You'll see one single volume bar. This is the pulseaudio setting. You
need to unmute this (press 'M') if it's muted (indicated by 'MM' at
the bars bottom. The 'MM' should become green '00'. Also increase
volume to max using cursor up if necessary,

Then hit 'F6' and switch to the omap3beagle setup. This is the
hardware config. You need to unmute and increase the volume of at
least the following entries:

DAC1 Analog
DAC1 Digital Course
DAC1 Digital Fine
Headset
HeadsetL Mixer AudioL1
HeadsetR Mixer AudioR1

Entering the following command should now give you an audible output
on the headphone jack:

aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Rear_Center.wav
If you don't hear anything you'll likely have to adjust the
omap3beagle settings in alsamixer. Fortunately these settings are
automatically saved and restored at system reboot. You thus only need
to adjust these once.

Niels
http://nielsmayer.com

PS: Is http://www.igep-platform.com/ the recommended way of getting
such a device? Are there any cheap Taiwanese/Chinese MIPS-based
touchscreen knockoffs I should know about because "igep-platform"
looks quite fancy.