Re: [LAD] pixmap based knob widgets and theme integration.

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 28 2010 - 23:18:43 EEST

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Patrick Shirkey
<pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I just thought of another method in this vein. Pinch to increase volume
> ans as the volume increases the widget becomes extruded... Tap to decrease
> volume and double tap to mute.
>
> Or on a similar note, stroke two/three fingers repeatedly to increase
> volume. Pinch and hold to decrease ;-)

clearly, you touch geeks don't read createdigitalmusic carefully enough:

"Using the trackpad for a live control surface is a bad idea at least
it was for me. My last gig I ended up having to perform a track which
my live set was not setup for. A drop of sweat hit the track pad and
made it functionally useless, it was a nightmare- I ened up having to
stop the music to clean it off- This is also the reason some other
touch surfaces fail in a live setting- like Stanton’s Da Scratch. "