Re: [LAD] Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 02 2010 - 00:03:16 EEST

Excerpts from gene heskett's message of 2010-10-01 22:07:28 +0200:
> On Friday, October 01, 2010 04:05:37 pm Folderol did opine:
>
> > On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:51:29 +1000
> >
> > Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ageism lives I see.
> > >
> > > I'm in my mid 40s and I still have a passion for coding. I don't
> > > do as much audio coding as I used to but I am a significant
> > >
> > > contributor to the DDC compiler:
> > > http://trac.haskell.org/ddc/
> > >
> > > Erik
> >
> > Did you not notice the ':P' ?
> > FWIW I'm in my 60's so lets have less lip from you young pups :)
>
> And I have about a decade on you, I'll be 76 Monday. ;-)
>
> Sheesh, no respect for the elders here. ;-P
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> A memorandum is written not to inform the reader, but to protect the
> writer.
> -- Dean Acheson

I'm 26 now, and I think it's really great that people like you, 50 years
older and almost the age of my grandfather, take part in all of this
stuff. Everyone has his share of experience, and I believe every
generation can learn a bit from every other generation. Guys of your age
have a little more experience and stories to share, and I really
appreciate this. It's especially great that you manage to keep up with
technology and all of the related stuff. I know at least one person
who's 90+ and very healthy and active, but her understanding of
technology is near zero. For me, people that age taking part of all this
kind of stuff is incredible, and it's also highly appreciated. There are
plenty of things we young folks can learn.

Regards,
Philipp